Certified Nurse Assistant - Acute MedSurgical B Job in San Antonio
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse/licensed Nurse, this position will assist with routine and repetitive patient care activities on a nursing unit. This position also performs specific clerical, organizational and patient-focused activities. The patient-focused tasks will be supportive in nature.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Westover Hills (CSRH-WH) is a 150-bed hospital serving the fastest growing area of San Antonio. Specialized care includes orthopedic and surgical services, ICU, women’s services, a newborn nursery, comprehensive cardiovascular care from diagnostics to open heart surgery, vascular lab, sleep center, emergency services, the CHRISTUS Weight Loss Institute, wound care, rehabilitation, and more. The campus also boasts an Outpatient Imaging Center and three medical plazas, one of which houses our CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency Program and CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Health Center.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Basic patient care skills required
- Basic computer skills required
- Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions
- Ability to interact professionally with patients, families, physicians, and fellow Associates
- Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Patient care experience in an acute care hospital highly preferred
- Current Texas Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification is required
- Current BLS (American Heart Association) is required