Certified Medical Assistant - Urology Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
Nursing & Nursing Support
TMFHS TYR Mother Frances Hosp-38000
910 E. Houston
Tyler, TX 75702
Share This Job On
Apply Now Certified Medical Assistant - Urology Clinic Job in Tyler
Under the direction of the physician; performs basic patient care duties including, but not limited to, obtaining vital signs, weighing patients and collecting specimens [including phlebotomy (specific to site)]. Cleans and restocks exam rooms. Orders stock supplies from supply department (specific to site). Assists provider(s) in examination and treatment of patients and with procedures. Assists with patient flow through clinic. Accompanies patient to other areas as directed. Answers phone/records phone messages, and assists provider(s) with patient related calls. Documents any information related to patient. Performs routine clerical duties assigned, including but not limited to faxing, filing and the completion of routine forms. Attends/completes required meetings and in-service training and performs other duties as assigned.
- Medical Assistant Certification required.
- Completion of approved Medical Assistant Program or 6-18 months of documented experience in medical office environment per a physician, of oral and injectable medication administration.
- 12 Plus months experience, Specific specialty experience may be required for some practices
- Oral and injectable medication administration
- Basic computer skills
- Basic medical equipment and instrumentation
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and procedures.