Certified Medical Assistant - Pre Testing
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi South
5950 Saratoga Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
Share This Job On
Apply Now Certified Medical Assistant - Pre Testing Job in Corpus Christi
The Certified Medical Assistant under the supervision of the department manager, physician, nurse practitioner and physician’s assistant, will perform various services and related activities in support of patient care to include accurate data entry for patient registration and insurance verification. The Certified Medical Assistant demonstrates the ability to use good judgement and communicates effectively with all patients; families; licensed personnel; insurance companies and third party payers. Demonstrates a professional and caring manner.
Located just minutes from the shores of Padre Island, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-South provides surgical and medical services for our patients in south Corpus Christi. Perfectly positioned to serve the rapidly-growing south side of Corpus Christi, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - South is licensed for 158 beds. South offers a full range of medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency, intensive care as well as advanced diagnostic and imaging. The hospital is also home to a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which enables recovering mothers to remain close to their premature or special needs babies.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a Certified Medical Assistant Program from an Accredited Institution
- General office skills, filing, computers skills in Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Data entry and compiling of reports and statistics.
- ICD-9 (10)/CPT coding and medical terminology required. Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Two or more years experience as a certified medical assistant preferred, including familiarity in using an electronic medical record, Patient Accounting, billing, collections and Managed Care. Experience collecting specimens and ordering laboratory testing required
- Current CMA certification
- CPR - (American Heart Association)