8AM - 5PM
Certified Medical Assistant - Oncology Hematology Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
CTC Spohn Hematology and Oncology 1415 Santa Fe Street
Share This Job On
Certified Medical Assistant - Oncology Hematology Clinic Job in Corpus Christi
The Certified Medical Assistant under the supervision of the department manager, physician, nurse practitioner and physician’s assistant, will perform various services and related activities in support of patient care to include accurate data entry for patient registration and insurance verification. The Certified Medical Assistant demonstrates the ability to use good judgement and communicates effectively with all patients; families; licensed personnel; insurance companies and third party payers. Demonstrates a professional and caring manner.
You're passionate about working in a superior health care setting, committed to developing your potential to its fullest, and you understand the importance of balancing hard work with a great quality of life. Where does all it all come together? Here...at CHRISTUS Spohn.
Here you'll find a faith-based, value-driven health care ministry that has provided excellent, compassionate care to South Texans since 1905. Here you'll find a stimulating work environment filled with hope, dignity and respect for all. And here you'll find the coastal climate, recreation, culture and fun that will nurture you.
Our Associates work hard to serve a half-million residents across 12 counties, in six acute care hospitals, a network of family health centers, a nationally accredited Cancer Center, the Heart Institute, and a nationally certified Chest Pain Center and Stroke Center. We enjoy beaches, biking, horseback riding, shopping, family attractions, nightlife and more. That's balance. And it's here at CHRISTUS Spohn.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a Certified Medical Assistant Program from an Accredited Institution
- General office skills, filing, computers skills in Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Data entry and compiling of reports and statistics.
- ICD-9 (10)/CPT coding and medical terminology required. Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Two or more years experience as a certified medical assistant preferred, including familiarity in using an electronic medical record, Patient Accounting, billing, collections and Managed Care.
- Experience collecting specimens and ordering laboratory testing required
- Current CMA certification
- CPR - (American Heart Association)
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.