8AM - 5PM
Certified Medical Assistant - Neuroscience Center
CHRISTUS Spohn South Texas Brain and Spine Center
Share This Job On
Certified Medical Assistant - Neuroscience Center Job in Corpus Christi
The Certified Medical Assistant under the supervision of the department manager, physician, nurse practitioner and physician’s assistant, will perform various services and related activities in support of patient care to include accurate data entry for patient registration and insurance verification. The Certified Medical Assistant demonstrates the ability to use good judgement and communicates effectively with all patients; families; licensed personnel; insurance companies and third party payers. Demonstrates a professional and caring manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a Certified Medical Assistant Program from an Accredited Institution
- General office skills, filing, computers skills in Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Data entry and compiling of reports and statistics.
- ICD-9 (10)/CPT coding and medical terminology required. Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Two or more years experience as a certified medical assistant preferred, including familiarity in using an electronic medical record, Patient Accounting, billing, collections and Managed Care.
- Experience collecting specimens and ordering laboratory testing required
- Current CMA certification
- CPR - (American Heart Association)
Monday-Friday days, with either Monday or Thursday 12pm-12am.