8AM - 5PM
Certified Medical Assistant - Beeville Medical Clinic
CHRISTUS Spohn Medical Clinic Beeville 1602 East Houston St
Share This Job On
Certified Medical Assistant - Beeville Medical Clinic Job in Beeville
The Certified Medical Assistant under the supervision of the department manager, physician, nurse practitioner and physician’s assistant, will perform various services and related activities in support of patient care to include accurate data entry for patient registration and insurance verification. The Certified Medical Assistant demonstrates the ability to use good judgement and communicates effectively with all patients; families; licensed personnel; insurance companies and third party payers. Demonstrates a professional and caring manner.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville is designated by the Texas Department of Health as a Level IV Trauma Center, providing 24 hour emergency and intensive care services for critically ill or injured patients, and stabilizing some 16,500 patients in the ER each year. CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville is licensed for 69 beds and offers Emergency Services, Intensive Care, Medical Surgical Services, Obstetrics, Surgical Services, Critical Care, and Rehabilitation Services. The hospital has three operating rooms; eight same-day surgery rooms; two endoscopy rooms; an expanded recovery area; new cardiopulmonary service area and an expanded outpatient services wing. Women’s Services includes nine birthing suites and a full service nursery, with access to a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Beeville, Texas is centrally located between the Texas Hill Country and the Gulf Coast, comprised of small local flare, various eateries, a local community college and small town hospitality.
At CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville, we respect what each individual brings to our faith-based mission of healing, and to our commitment to provide the very finest health care. Your background, your skills and your personality are welcome here. We have a supportive environment where quality of work and quality of life are in balance.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a Certified Medical Assistant Program from an Accredited Institution
- General office skills, filing, computers skills in Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Data entry and compiling of reports and statistics.
- ICD-9 (10)/CPT coding and medical terminology required. Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Two or more years experience as a certified medical assistant preferred, including familiarity in using an electronic medical record, Patient Accounting, billing, collections and Managed Care.
- Experience collecting specimens and ordering laboratory testing required
- Current CMA certification
- CPR - (American Heart Association)
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.