Apply Now Certified Chemotherapy Pharmacy Technician/ Full-Time Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the immediate supervision of the staff pharmacist, safely handles, prepares, and disposes of chemotherapy drugs. Safely prepares chemotherapy and other medications for patients. Maintains and orders medications and supplies.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent is required
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Registration with NMBOP, Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) through PTCB or ExCPT, Sterile Product Training certification. Chemotherapy certification is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English
- Understanding of patient chart and ability to read and understand Medex/MAR
- Basic computer skills are required
- Familiarity with medical terminology, pharmaceutical math, patient chart, drug stability and clinical references are required
- Proficiency in functionality of pharmacy IS system is required
- Knowledge and complete understanding of the operation of IV infusion pumps, and pharmacy volumetric pump is required
EXPERIENCE: One year experience as a pharmacy technician and IV certification is required.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Pharmacy Director, Pharmacist in Charge Cancer Center
- Bloodborne pathogen -- B (Occasional exposure in daily duties. Little expected risk but may be exposed unexpectedly to potential infectious materials. Exposure may be superficial and limited to a small amount of fluid.) Close quarters in a busy environment. Low risk for infections diseases. Possible exposure to video display terminals
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to move throughout the pharmacy at a rapid pace through an entire shift. Hearing must be sufficient to answer telephones and eyesight to perform aseptic technique. Must be able to raise moderate loads (less than 50 lbs) using sound body mechanics alone or with assistance.