Cert Pharmacy Tech I Pharmacy
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Medical Center
2827 Babcock Road
San Antonio, TX 78229
Share This Job On
Apply Now Cert Pharmacy Tech I Pharmacy Job in San Antonio
Pharmacy technician specialists assist pharmacists with the storage, preparation, record keeping, and delivery of medications in accordance with department policies and procedures. Pharmacy technician specialists also help with the training of pharmacy technician externs. Aditionally, pharmacy technician specialists are responsible for a specialized pharmacy operation or system (e.g. OR satellite pharmacy, Pyxis machines, CII Safe and controlled substances) and participate in quality improvement and patient safety activities related to the medication management system.
- Requires graduation from high school or a GED equivalent.
- Prefer completion of a university-based pharmacy technician training program.
- Must complete internal training and competency assessement prior to preparing IV products.
- Must complete internal training and competency assessment prior to preparing TPN and/or chemotherapy. Prefer bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
- Requires current registration as a pharmacy technician in Texas and certification by PTCB.
Per Diem As Needed