Cert Nurse Asst/Unit Secretary - Physical Rehab NT9 - PRN
Nursing & Nursing Support
CHRISTUS Spohn Hosp-Shoreline-25100
600 Elizabeth St
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now Cert Nurse Asst/Unit Secretary - Physical Rehab NT9 - PRN Job in Corpus Christi
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Certified Nurse Assistant II acts as the primary clerical resource for the unit as well as performs various patient care activities. This is a dual role position which functions as a Certified Nurse Assistant and a Unit Secretary. This position serves as an important link in the communication chain ensuring information is transmitted between nursing personnel, other hospital personnel, physicians, patients, family members and guests.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region's most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong customer service skills and computer literacy is required. Previous experience as a Nurse Assistant/Unit Secretary in a hospital setting preferred. Working knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Current Texas CNA Certification
- CPR (American Heart Association)