7PM - 7AM
Cert Nurse Asst/Unit Secretary - Nursing Relief - PRN
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
Share This Job On
Apply Now Cert Nurse Asst/Unit Secretary - Nursing Relief - PRN Job in Corpus Christi
Duties and responsibilities include: taking and recording vital signs, changing bed linens, transporting patients, assisting patients in ambulating, providing activities for daily living to include bathing, dressing, feeding and assisting with personal hygiene. This position performs a range of clerical duties that supports the operations of the unit to include entering patient information in Meditech computer system, assembling patient charts, ordering, receiving and storing supplies, answering phones for the unit, greeting guests such as physicians, patient families and visitors, and corresponding with ancillary departments regarding patient care. This position may include other duties as assigned.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong customer service skills and computer literacy is required. Previous experience as a Nurse Assistant/Unit Secretary in a hospital setting preferred. Working knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Current Texas CNA Certification
- CPR (American Heart Association)
Per Diem As Needed