Case Management Tech - Case Management
Nursing & Nursing Support
CHRISTUS Spohn Hosp-Shoreline-25100
600 Elizabeth St
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now Case Management Tech - Case Management Job in Corpus Christi
This position provides technical and clerical support to the Case Managers and Social Workers for discharge arrangements, acute care placements, continued length of stay and levels of service are appropriate as provided. The Case Management Assistant provides support by timely arrangements per the established discharge plan. The assistance to Case Manager and Social Workers includes clerical duties such as faxing forms, completion and submission of clinical reviews; collaborate with the Care Management Team. The Care Management Assistant recieves all payers initial queries and documents authorization and notifies CM of the same. Additionally understands denial of services process and works with team members to appeal cases and assists team to ensure that 100% of admissions are authorized within 24 hours and concurrent reviews are communicated timely.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region's most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Medical Office Secretary/Medical Assistant (MOS/MA) accreditation (optional).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Word processing skills/Computer skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Follows through each aspects of work assignments to successful completion
- Requires one to two years of clerical experience, customer services, communication skills, computer skills, and communication skills to be the liaison between CSR and other facilities.
- Experience in working in hospital environment and worked directly with patients/customers.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Prefer bilingual
- If LVN/LPN licensed, must have a minimum of two years of clinical experience.
- Utilization management experience preferred. (optional)
- Medical terminology required.
- Significant applicable education and/or training may be considered.
- MOS/MA accreditation or current LVN/LPN licensure (optional)