Apply Now Case Management Director - Case Management Job in Corpus Christi
This position will provide case management oversight for all CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Case Management activities. Priority efforts are directed toward building and maintaining consistency in the model and outcomes through the use of appropriate leading practice methods while adapting to the ever changing compliance and regulatory requirements which prevail in the healthcare industry. The incumbent will support a responsive case management model that includes, but is not limited to: case management assessment, care coordination, and discharge planning. Additionally, the incumbent is to be well versed with regards to contractual and compliance requirements of third party payors, evidence based practice models and clinical documentation improvement programs all of which are to promote efficient and effective use of resources while providing the best possible patient outcomes while supporting patient safety, quality management and process improvement efforts. The incumbent will direct, plan and coordinate all inpatient hospital utilization review and case management activities which are inherent of a leading practice model of case management. Responsibilities include direct management of the following departments: Case Management Services, System Access and Clinical Documentation. The incumbent is expected to work closely with all internal functional departments, representatives of third party payors and community agencies to provide quality patient outcomes while managing medical resources effectively.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred, Case Management certification preferred
- Demonstrated hands-on leadership and operational responsibility in a large/complex healthcare environment with 5-7 years’ experience of successful management experience and in-depth understanding of managed care, experience in budgeting and strategic planning of goals and objectives, experience in statistical analysis and construction of reporting system.
- Expertise in financial analysis as well as clinical informatics
- Thorough knowledge of managed care utilization and quality management activities and requirements.
- Experience in healthcare compliance management
- Experience managing a variety of case management models using an interdisciplinary team approach.
- Understands financial impact of efficient resource management.
- Ability to hire, train and coach employees.
- Demonstrate understanding of competency-based criteria for case management.
- Ability to manage a complex, multiple hospital case management program
- Health System experience is preferred