Care Management Specialist - Case Management
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now Care Management Specialist - Case Management Job in Corpus Christi
The Care Management Resource Center Specialist works collaboratively with the Care Management team members to improve efficiency of clinically specialized members by reducing the administrative, non-clinical workload. The incumbent will receive and appropriately address all requests from the TCC/SW to ensure transitions of care are facilitated in a timely manner. This position may assist patients/families/responsible parties in post-acute, payer authorized placements, schedule follow-up appointments, arranging transportation and durable medical equipment (DME) delivery as well as other support services to ease the post-discharge transition. Other services will include scheduling follow-up appointments, making referrals to post-acute agencies, arranging transportation and documenting the details of the discharge transition plan. In addition, updating clinical information in NaviHealth or other database/communication system(s) will be required to complete the discharge process.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Fluent in medical terminology.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Computer literacy.
- Three to five years of current administrative/clerical experience working in Healthcare/and or related field.