Cardiovascular Technologist II - Cardiology Cath Job in San Antonio
This position is responsible for professional patient care and assisting the Cardiologist, Vascular Surgeon and/or Radiologist in performing cardiac diagnostic, cardiac interventional and invasive radiology procedures of the cardiac, vascular and circulatory systems. This position utilizes the patient care process to ensure safe and competent quality patient care. The Cardiovascular Technologist II assists in all procedures performed in the invasive cardiology area and supports the medical care of all patients requiring any cardiac or peripheral catheterization and/or intervention under the direction of the Medical Staff pursuant to the Mission and objectives of the organization.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Graduate of an approved School of Radiological Sciences or Graduate with a degree in Allied Health Science or Graduate of an accredited Cardiovascular Technologist Associate degree program is required.
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years experience with Cardiac Catheterization procedures is required.
- Must have basic knowledge of Cardiac Anatomy and EKG rhythms.
- Medical Radiologist Technologist (MRT) through Texas Medical Board (TMB) and American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) required for graduates from a Radiological Technologist program.
- Registry from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (RCIS) or (RCES) required for graduates from a Cardiovascular Technologist program.
- BLS for Healthcare Worker is required.
- ACLS certification is required if caring for adult patients.
- PALS and ACLS certification is required within 90 days of employment if caring for pediatric patients.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.