Cardiovascular Technologist I - Cardiology Cath - PRN Job in San Marcos
This position is responsible for professional patient care and assisting the Cardiologist, Vascular Surgeon and / or Radiologist in performing cardiac diagnostic, cardiac interventional and invasive radiology procedures of the cardiac, vascular and circulatory systems. This position utilizes the patient care process to ensure safe and competent quality patient care. The CVT I assists in all procedures performed in the invasive cardiology area and supports the medical care of all patients requiring any cardiac or peripheral catheterization and/or intervention under the direction of the Medical Staff pursuant to the Mission and objectives of the organization.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos, which originated in 1923 as Hays County Soldiers, Sailors and Marines Memorial Hospital, opened at its current Wonder World Drive location in 1983. Our staff of more than 700 Associates works with more than 300 active and consulting physicians to provide quality services to patients and their families. For more than 20 consecutive years, we have been named The Best Hospital in Hays County in the annual “Best of Hays” publication released by the San Marcos Daily Record. In addition to interventional cardiac services, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos is a Certified Chest Pain Center and an accredited Primary Stroke Center. We lead the region in da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery and offers a variety of specialty care services including medical imaging, rehabilitation, hospice, women’s services and more.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Completion of an Allied health Cardiovascular program is preferred Associates Degree in Allied Health preferred.
- Cardiac Cath Lab one (1) to three (3) years of current experience is preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of Cardiac Anatomy and EKG rhythms.
- Must be eligible to obtain Registry as a Registered Cardiac Intervention Specialist (RCIS) and obtain certification within (30 months) of hire or re-hire date or transfer date.
- BLS for Healthcare workers is required upon hire/re-hire/transfer.
- ACLS is required within 90 days of hire/re-hire/transfer into the department.
- PALS is required within 90 days of hire/re-hire/transfer into the department, if pediatric patients are seen.
Per Diem As Needed