Cardiovascular Technologist I - Cardiology Cath Job in San Antonio
This position is responsible for professional patient care and assisting the Cardiologist, Vascular Sugeron and/or Radiologist in performing cardiac diagnostic, cardiac interventional and invasive radiology procedures of the cardiac, vascular and circulatory systems. This position utilizes the patient care process to ensure safe and competent quality patient care. The Cardiovascular Technologist I assists in all procedures performed in the invasive cardiology area and supports the medical care of all patients requiring any cardiac or peripheral catheterization and/or intervention under the direction of the Medical Staff pursuant to the Mission and objectives of the organization.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Westover Hills (CSRH-WH) is a 150-bed hospital serving the fastest growing area of San Antonio. Specialized care includes orthopedic and surgical services, ICU, women’s services, a newborn nursery, comprehensive cardiovascular care from diagnostics to open heart surgery, vascular lab, sleep center, emergency services, the CHRISTUS Weight Loss Institute, wound care, rehabilitation, and more. The campus also boasts an Outpatient Imaging Center and three medical plazas, one of which houses our CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency Program and CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Health Center.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Graduate of an approved School of Radiological Sciences or Graduate with a degree in Allied Health Science or Graduate of an accredited Cardiovascular Technologist Associate degree program is required.
- A minimum of one (1) to three (3) years experience Cardiac Catheterization procedures is preferred
- Must have basic knowledge of Cardiac Anatomy and EKG rhythms
- Medical Radiologist Technologist (MRT) through Texas Medical Board (TMB) is required.
- Registry from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (RCIS) from CCI required
- Limited Medical Radiological Technologist (LMRT) eligibility is required OR American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) eligibility is required, which must be obtained within 12 months of hire/re-hire/transfer date. (*Note: RCIS/RCES is not required if Associate has ARRT.)
- BLS for Healthcare Worker is required.
- ACLS certification is required within 90 days of employment. PALS certification is required within 90 days of employemnt if caring for pediatric patients.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.