Cardiovascular Tech II - Cardiology Cath Job in New Braunfels
This position is responsible for professional patient care and assisting the Cardiologist, Vascular Surgeon and / or Radiologist in performing cardiac diagnostic, cardiac interventional and invasive radiology procedures of the cardiac, vascular and circulatory systems. This position utilizes the patient care process to ensure safe and competent, quality patient care. The CVT III assists in all procedures performed in the invasive cardiology area and supports the medical care of all patients requiring any cardiac or peripheral catheterization and/or intervention under the direction of the Medical Staff pursuant to the Mission and objectives of the organization.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - New Braunfels (CSRH-NB), nestled in the heart of downtown New Braunfels, is a full-service, 94-private bed facility that continues to expand to meet the needs of New Braunfels’ strong population growth. Innovative equipment and procedures are utilized, including an Outpatient Imaging Center, orthopedic and surgical services, rehabilitation, a renovated birthing center, including 24/7 neonatal coverage, emergency care, wound care/hyperbaric center, 3D mammography, and comprehensive heart care, from diagnostics to open-heart surgery.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Graduate of an approved School of Radiological Sciences or Graduate with a degree in Allied Health Science or Graduate of an accredited Cardiovascular Technologist Associate degree program is required.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience as a Radiology Technologist or Cardiovascular Technologist, required,
- Must have one (1) to three (3) years experience in the Cath Lab setting Must know cardiac anatomy and EKG rhythms
- Medical Radiologist Technologist (MRT) through Texas Medical Board (TMB) is required.
- Registry from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (RCIS) from CCI required
- RCES is required if facility does Electrophysiology
- Limited Medical Radiological Technologist (LMRT) required OR American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required. (*Note: RCIS/RCES is not required if Associate has ARRT.)
- BLS for Healthcare Worker is required.
- ACLS certification is required within 90 days of hire/re-hire/transfer. PALS certification is required within 90 days of hire/re-hire/transfer if caring for pediatric patients.