8AM - 5PM
CHRISTUS System Office
No Travel Applicable
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
Share This Job On
Buyer Senior Job in Irving
Reporting to and under the authority of the Manager, System Procurement, the Buyer senior provides assistance throughout the department as needed to maintain an adequate supply of merchandise for the supply chain. Obtains materials, equipment or supplies at lowest cost consistent with required quality, quantity and availability. Actively researches and develops new sources of supply and/or recommends possible substitute materials. The Buyer senior will maintain daily reports, as well as actively participate in process improvement opportunities.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of CHRISTUS Health. It is expected that the associate demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The associate shall support CHRISTUS Health's strategic plan and the goals.
- Consistently supports the hospital’s Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the Mission, Vision and values of CHRISTUS Health.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Promotes a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
- Follow all safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Acts as liaison between the facility and vendor to review stocking levels when experiencing ongoing back orders for adjustment of stocking on hand values.
- Responsible for the creation, communication of end of day productivity related reporting to Managers.
- Responsible for the processing of purchase requests for assigned Facilities. Ensures requests are processed in a timely and accurate manner (within 24hrs) and all problematic lines are researched, data corrected, orders confirmed as received by vendor. Utilize unreleased report as a resource to ensure orders from previous day are processed and in released status.
- Process miscellaneous, Service, Capital, Blanket and Standing type POs using due diligence review according to CHRISTUS policies and standardization decisions.
- Manages corrective actions if Requisition was created improperly, order failed to transmit to vendor as expected.
- Management of Stat related requests, manually processing to ensure delivered overnight as requested, to include follow-up on STAT orders to obtain tracking and communicate any delays to facility/requester prior to expected delivery.
- Manage extended delivery delays by second sourcing, engage with vendor/vendor representative for substitute, obtain facility approval before processing substitute. Escalate unresolved issues to Clinical if subs or second sourcing options are not available or acceptable. Utilization of HealthTrust as a resource to ensure substitute options are under contract.
- Prevent aging unconfirmed orders; follow-up on orders with no Reference Number noted within purchase order; work strategically between emailed confirmations and GHX to ensure orders are processed and confirmed. Contact vendors direct to confirm non-EDI orders were received within 48 hours. Escalate unresponsive vendors to Specialist/Manager/System Director – must utilize email/phone/rep contacts effectively.
- Monitoring of Regional Email Boxes, responding/resolving requests from vendors/facilities, responding in a timely manner; ensuring SLA’s are met.
- Manages the Return on Products, processing within 24 hours, mitigating freight cost and expense.
- Timely management of sub related emails/actions, preventing receiving/invoice discrepancies; documenting all actions as a line comment to include proper notations for MM for subbed inventory items.
- Responsible for the daily review of GHX report to include submittal of all unit of measure modifications via Stat Service Desk Ticket process for update of Item Master; timely modification of po to ensure accurate quantity on hand, invoice match success. pricing, unit of purchase, vendor order number etc.
- Assist in the review and resolution of Weekly Expedite report related issues.
- Manage/respond to vendor reports to facilitate closure of purchase lines as communicated.
- Utilize Master Data Management (MDM) ticket process to communicate data integrity updates to avoid recurring order/item rejections which delay delivery or interrupt invoice matching.
- Assists in Annual Human Tissue Certification Process, ensuring documents are on file, in accordance with Joint Commission requirements
- Assists in training of new Associates following Training Tracker, ensuring new Associates have the tools needed to be successful
- Adherence to all Departmental Directives, including additions and updates
- Assists in process improvement activities, participating in all team calls, bringing up suggestions to assist in resolution of Procurement related opportunities
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Four years experience in related field as well as strong analytical skills. Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet).
- Good organizational skills and experience in working with teams towards measured outcomes.
- Knowledge of Purchasing and customer service procedures as normally acquired through Materials Management experience