Business Systems Analyst II
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Business Systems Analyst II Job in Irving
This position participates throughout all phases of the project life cycle for Clinical and/or Business Service Lines throughout CHRISTUS Health. Project life cycle responsibilities include collaborating with customers contributing to the feasibility, analysis, testing, documentation and implementation of all levels of activities of assigned software. This position must possess sufficient detailed healthcare information systems (HCIS) knowledge and systems expertise to implement all levels of assignments with minimal guidance. Leadership responsibilities may include assisting the Project Manager, or assuming the project manager role with appropriate support and guidance from a designated Program Manager or Resource Manager. This position requires a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal oversight.
Service and Application Expertise - Detailed knowledge of assigned applications related to the different service lines with an understanding of how the applications work together in a Program suite.
- Training and Guidance - Provide advice, guidance, participate in new hire training and onboarding process and formal and informal training to team members.
- Planning – Manage tasks associated with business analysis and the project management lifecycle.
- Project Implementation – Participate as IT Analyst subject matter expert in Executing phase of the Project Management Life Cycle. Also acts as a Project Manager on small to medium size projects utilizing Project Web Access (PWA) and/or Microsoft Project On-line.
- Project Discovery – Point of contact for Associate Chief Information Officer (ACIO) and Regional Business Partners for the run and grow initiatives. Provide assistance as needed to identify business issues, improve processes, and help to achieve strategic goals.
- Stakeholder Analysis - Identify the stakeholders who will be impacted by the change and understand their influence and authority levels.
- Risk Assessment - Utilize methods to identify risk, probability, impact and how to mitigate those risks.
- Meeting Facilitation – Manage meetings, and requirements workshop planning and management.
- Assist – Support the Service Line Leads as needed. Help team members with optimizing the use of assigned applications through dictionary or table changes. Assist Program Managers during the project discovery phase and other phases as needed.
- Feasibility Analysis - Utilize techniques to gather information at the right level of detail and scope to represent all of the stakeholder’s needs, and the ability to ask questions that lead to an understanding of the business need.
- Requirements – Understand and effectively communicate the requirements change process, and traceability. Evaluate requirement data found in the deliverables and provide documentation to the Business Systems Analyst upon transition from the Centers of Excellence team.
- Requirements Writing - Develop use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and state charts, data dictionaries, class or entity relationship diagrams.
- System Optimization - Identify current capabilities and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Business Process Analysis- Utilize various modeling techniques such as process modeling, data modeling, system modeling.
- Interface Analysis - Understand technology infrastructure and how it interconnects, including sharing data to achieve a business goal.
- Release Management - Ensure all stages of the project life cycle are completed for all technology projects and that support staff is fully trained prior to release into production environment.
- Collaborate – Understand the Service Line suite of Applications and how they are integrated. Communicate the requirements to the technical teams to ensure the needs are met.
- System Usability – Understand and know how a user interface helps the user to successfully complete a task, also known as usability.
- Test Management – Leads test activities for all assigned applications during the project implementation phases of the life cycle. Ensures that the application meets outlined requirements, responds correctly to inputs, performs desired functions, is sufficiently usable, and achieves stakeholder results.
- Communication - Demonstrate strong communication and human relationship skills.
- Customer Service - Provide effective customer service by being courteous, polite and friendly at all times. Acknowledge customers timely in order to determine their need and help the customer resolve the issue or request. Participate in departmental programs that promote and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills
- Ability to use creativity and critical thinking to innovate and solve complex problem
- Ability to prioritize, and manage multiple tasks, with a high degree of efficiency and organization
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment, and the ability to be able to adapt to unexpected obstacles and barriers
- Ability to quickly learn new tools, methods and processes to continue to improve analytical output
- High level of intellectual curiosity – ability to ask the right questions to get a good understanding of the problem.
- Ability to articulate technical information into a meaningful message that clearly explains issue, impact, and resolution.
- Ability to work independently to solve complex problems as well as seek out answers with minimal information.
- two to four years of IT Business Analysts experience with business process reengineering background
- Experience writing and gathering business and functional requirements
- Experience creating process workflows
- Experience creating and executing test cases and defect management
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) preferred.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB) preferred
Full Time Onsite