Apply Now Business Systems Analyst Job in Irving
This position participates throughout all phases of the project life cycle for Revenue Cycle, Finance and Human Resources service lines throughout CHRISTUS Health. Project life cycle responsibilities include collaborating with customers contributing to the feasibility, analysis, testing, documentation and implementation of medium to high complexity activities of assigned software. This position must possess sufficient detailed healthcare information systems (HCIS) knowledge and systems expertise to implement medium to high complex assignments with minimal guidance. The Business Analyst may participate in leading small projects. This position requires a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal oversight.
- Application Expertise - Detailed knowledge of assigned applications related to Business, Finance, Revenue Cycle and Human Resources service lines.
- Planning -- Manage tasks associated with business analysis and the project management lifecycle.
- Project Implementation -- Participate as IT Analyst subject matter expert in Executing phase of the Project Management Life Cycle.
- Stakeholder Analysis - Identify the stakeholders who will be impacted by the change and understand their influence and authority levels.
- Risk Assessment - Utilize methods to identify risk, probability, impact and how to mitigate those risks.
- Meeting Facilitation -- Manage meetings, and requirements workshop planning and management.
- Feasibility Analysis - Utilize techniques to gather information at the right level of detail and scope to represent all of the stakeholder's needs, and the ability to ask questions that lead to an understanding of the business need.
- Requirements -- Understand and effectively communicate the requirements change process, and traceability
- System Optimization - Identify current capabilities and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Business Process Analysis- Utilize various modeling techniques such as process modeling, data modeling, system modeling.
- Interface Analysis - Understand technology infrastructure and how it interconnects, including sharing data to achieve a business goal.
- Requirements Writing - Develop use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and state charts, data dictionaries, class or entity relationship diagrams.
- Release Management - Ensure all stages of the project life cycle are completed for all technology projects and that support staff is fully trained prior to release into production environment.
- System Usability -- Understand and know how a user interface helps the user to successfully complete a task, also known as usability.
- Test Management -- Leads test activities for all assigned applications during the project implementation phases of the life cycle. Ensures that the application meets outlined requirements, responds correctly to inputs, performs desired functions, is sufficiently usable, and achieves stakeholder results.
- Communication - Demonstrate strong communication and human relationship skills.
- Customer Service - Provide effective customer service by being courteous, polite and friendly at all times. Acknowledge customers timely in order to determine their need and help the customer resolve the issue or request. Participate in departmental programs that promote and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Training - Assist in preparation and conducting of continuing formal or informal training session for users and co-workers.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills
- Ability to use creativity and critical thinking to innovate and solve complex problem
- Ability to prioritize, and manage multiple tasks, with a high degree of efficiency and organization
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment, and the ability to be able to adapt to unexpected obstacles and barriers
- Ability to quickly learn new tools, methods and processes to continue to improve analytical output
- High level of intellectual curiosity -- ability to ask the right questions to get a good understanding of the problem.
- Ability to articulate technical information into a meaningful message that clearly explains issue, impact, and resolution.
- Ability to work independently to solve complex problems as well as seek out answers with minimal information.
- Five years of IT Business Analysts experience with business process reengineering background
- Experience writing and gathering business and functional requirements
- Experience creating process workflows
- Experience creating and executing test cases and defect management
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) preferred.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB) preferred