5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Business Office Lead - Surg General
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital of San Antonio
Share This Job On
Apply Now Business Office Lead - Surg General Job in San Antonio
The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
Single position which performs coding of all inpatient and/or outpatient surgical charge records post discharge for data collection, reimbursement, tissue and implant ordering, return & tracking, and compliance with federal and state licensing and accrediting agencies.
· Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field (Business, Information Technology, Finance, Healthcare, or other applicable field) required. Five (5) years of acute care experience acceptable in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
· Advanced computer skills. Strong experience with Microsoft Office programs, particularly Microsoft Excel.
· Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
· Demonstrated highly effective communication skills (written and verbal).
· Preferred previous experience with Meditech and Infor.
· At least 3 years of experience in acute care setting. Prior surgical setting experience highly preferred.