8AM - 5PM
Business Intelligence Analyst Senior
CHRISTUS System Office
Analytics and Reporting
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
Share This Job On
Apply Now Business Intelligence Analyst Senior Job in Irving
The Business Intelligence Senior Analyst will help lead a team of experienced data science professionals to enhance the operational excellence of the CHRISTUS Health Plan.
The Senior Analyst is primarily responsible for Health Plan reporting, analytics, dashboard design, and development and implementation of strategic reporting architecture of Business Intelligence at the Health Plan level. This leader must demonstrate an extensive understanding of complex SQL and/or SAS coding methodology, report and dashboard design, automation, data governance, ETL concepts, and should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. A practical understanding of the healthcare industry, and more specifically medical data related to health insurance claims, EHR, government reporting, and healthcare statutes and regulations is required.
The senior analyst must have proven competency in data mining, investigating and reporting on highly structured or non-structured data, re-engineering existing queries to enhance performance, and identifying gaps in performance and data integrity.
The Senior Analyst is also responsible for supporting the business goals and objectives of the Business Intelligence Department and the CHRISTUS Health Plan. Specifically, the position works closely with CHIRISTUS Information Management teams, and Health Plan directors, managers, application users, and other IM teams as it relates to reporting, process documentation, business requirements analysis, development of ad hoc and standard reports.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the management of administrative and operational functions of the Business Intelligence (BI) developer team, creating policies, procedures, and standards for the enterprise as they pertain to dashboards, metadata models, ad hoc reports and database development whenever necessary.
- Responsible for data mining and turning raw data into logical information for recurring or ad hoc reports, dashboards, and tools
- Design, code, and develop SQL and SAS logic to pull data that meets specifications for the end user
- Provide technical leadership in solving complex programming tasks
- Manage individual intake requests across the business units; track and monitor the work to ensure critical milestones are met, identify and report/escalate risks to management appropriately; manage stakeholder relations
- Document all operational, system, and support requirements to ensure adherence to corporate standards
- Bachelor’s Degree Required in field of study
- SQL and/or SAS coding
- Data visualization and dashboard development (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Healthcare experience preferred