Billing Specialist - Specialty Neurosurgery - New Braunfels
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Medical Center Tower 1 PBC
2829 Babcock Road
San Antonio, TX 78229
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Billing Specialist - Specialty Neurosurgery - New Braunfels Job in San Antonio
Under the general direction of the Practice Manager, the Billing Specialist is responsible for monitoring HOPD departmental billing processes and makes corrections as needed. Manages the timely and accurate posting of physician charge data for both patient and client –billed accounts. Identifies, corrects, and maintains appropriate billing data within the HOPD systems. Resolves insurance claim errors and regulatory edits related to physician billing. Handles customer billing inquires.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System is about people. People we meet and care for; people whose lives we enhance, and those whose lives we save. CHRISTUS is about the people who work here: our award-winning medical staff, dedicated housekeeping staff, compassionate nurses and patient-focused ancillary staff. We're about people who need us, from small bumps to massive trauma, no matter their economic bracket. We're about the people of San Antonio, New Braunfels, and all the South Texas communities we serve. Since 1869, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System has grown and flourished just as South Texas has grown. We remain the only Catholic faith-based, non-profit health care system in San Antonio and New Braunfels. Our healing ministry now includes five full-service hospitals with 1,159 licensed beds, and a number of specialty centers.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa family!
- Highschool diploma or GED.
- Certified Coder preferred
- Computer literacy required, specifically in Microsoft Office.
- Must be proficient with spreadsheets and word processing applications.
- Working knowledge of financial accounting and billing procedures.
- Completion of Medical Terminology and anatomy/physiology courses, medical coding/billing certification, or related experience is required in order to classify procedure codes.
- Minimum four years extensive CPT and ICD9/10 CM coding experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of applying third party and government payor regulations required.
- Medical billing certification, preferred
- Medical coding certification, preferred