Billing Representative - Business Office
CHRISTUS Baylor Clinics Childrens Hospital of San Antonio
Share This Job On
Billing Representative - Business Office Job in San Antonio
Under the general direction of the Practice Manager, the Billing Specialist is responsible for monitoring HOPD departmental billing processes and makes corrections as needed. Manages the timely and accurate posting of physician charge data for both patient and client –billed accounts. Identifies, corrects, and maintains appropriate billing data within the HOPD systems. Resolves insurance claim errors and regulatory edits related to physician billing. Handles customer billing inquires.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- Highschool diploma or GED.
- Certified Coder preferred
- Computer literacy required, specifically in Microsoft Office.
- Must be proficient with spreadsheets and word processing applications.
- Working knowledge of financial accounting and billing procedures.
- Completion of Medical Terminology and anatomy/physiology courses, medical coding/billing certification, or related experience is required in order to classify procedure codes.
- Minimum four years extensive CPT and ICD9/10 CM coding experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of applying third party and government payor regulations required.
- Medical billing certification, preferred
- Medical coding certification, preferred