Benefits Specialist I
CHRISTUS System Office
No Travel Applicable
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Benefits Specialist I Job in Irving
The Benefits Specialist I is responsible for responding to Benefits inquiries from Associates and managers via telephonically, email or My CHRISTUS Life service tickets. The Benefits Specialist I is also responsible for processing transactions that support the Benefits Department with some components of Benefits Orientation, Benefits Administration, Payroll/Deductions, Leave Management, Acquisitions and Retirement including benefits data security and accuracy.
- Primary benefits contact and support for Associates dealing with sensitive and confidential information relating to Benefits issues.
- Monitors, researches, and responds to all HR Cases assigned to the department via the service now portal.
- Provides accurate and efficient resolution of issues and inquiries through multiple channels (phone, email, case management) by following appropriate resolution/assessment methodology (investigating and research), utilizing vendor resource tools, educating Associates on products and benefits tools, and determining the appropriate course of action or escalation for emerging issues.
- Completes accurate and actionable case documentation in the Case Management tool.
- Provides assistance with respect to transactional inquires and issues involving Vendors and Brokerage companies.
- Continually utilizes vendor resource tools and contributes new, revised or updated information to maintain accuracy and consistency in knowledge in support of Associates, peers and the Benefits team as appropriate.
- Communicates effectively (written or verbal) to best match Associate style, needs, and level of understanding in creating optimal customer interaction. Communication style includes accurate and grammatically correct support based on channel (phone, case management).
- Supports the Benefits Department team by sharing knowledge, information, and best practices.
- Responds to routine questions about benefits and procedures related to processes.
- Responsible for the accurate dissemination of information when communicating with Associates.
- Codes and processes invoice through Infor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or other related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- 2+ years of experience in Human Resources or Benefits Administration
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking, organizational skills
- Possesses exceptional customer service skills
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Ability to identify complex problems and related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent tasks and changing priorities