5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Benefits Specialist I
CHRISTUS System Office
No Travel Applicable
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Benefits Specialist I Job in Irving
The Benefits Specialist I role provides administrative human resources and benefits support to all designated Executives, Physicians and Clinician Providers throughout CHRISTUS Health ministries.This role is key in delivering concierge services to the exclusive needs of executive, physician and clinician leaders. The scope of this role includes but is not limited to: administration of benefits processes; ensures timely submission of all documentation; coordination of benefits communication and processes; research of benefit inquiries and execution of prompt and precise resolutions; accurate interpretation of benefit guidelines; research, analysis, auditing and timely reporting of benefits. Research issues and provide recommendations for resolutions related to HR/benefits processing activities and outputs (benefits enrollment, leave processes, retirement plans, relocation, paid-time off, data files, etc.).
- Associates Degree; BA/BS in HR, Finance, Business or related field, preferred.
- Ability to recognize potential risks or problems and suggest various options leading to solutions
- Ability to collaborate across functions and across regions
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft skills
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and actively process complicated concepts and formulate strategies
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in human resources
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in employee benefits
- Demonstrated strong communication skills with all levels of the organization including physician and senior leadership
- Appreciation for and ability to maintain confidentiality, with the highest level of discretion
- High level analytical and problem solving capability
- Strong information systems knowledge, statistical and research skills
- Ability to understand business needs and talent implications of benefit programs
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust competing priorities quickly and as needed in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge in the areas of COBRA, cafeteria-style benefit plans, family medical leave process, paid-time off, retirement plans, and other applicable laws and regulations affecting employee benefits in tax-exempt organizations and its implications on payroll processes.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the initiation of relocation benefits and other specific benefits enrollment. This includes concierge contact with each new hire to ensure information is provided and critical enrollment deadlines are not missed.
- Effectively partner with Corporate Benefits, HR Operations, Talent Acquisition, and Talent Management, in order to improve perception and understanding and ensure effective implementation and utilization of executive, physician and clinician benefit plans and policies.
- Administer all executive, physician and clinician benefit programs with payroll or third party vendors.
- Collaborate with the HRIS team to ensure data integrity and accuracy on all executive, physician & clinician benefit processes, and ensure privacy requirements are met
- Responds to HR / benefit inquiries and manages issues between the Benefits Resource Center and designated executive, physician and clinicians to ensure timely, equitable and courteous resolution.
- Ensures the accurate processing of all mandatory and voluntary deductions as well as garnishments, liens, direct deposit requests etc.
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate myriad plan details and sort through them to optimize benefits for individuals.