CHRISTUS System Office
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Benefits Manager Job in Irving
Working in a team environment to provide management oversight of the benefits programs for the organization through design, implementation guidelines, procedure development and system administration to ensure cost effective and market competitive programs on a system-wide basis. Interprets plan documents, administrative rules governing benefits plans and government regulations that affect program rules and operations. Recommends new plans or modifications to existing plans to ensure cost effective and market competitive programs. Responsible for budgeting, cost analysis and risk assessment for the benefit plans as well as negotiating and coordinating costs and services from external providers to effect plan administration and operation. Supervises departmental personnel, assists in setting goals and objectives of department and its personnel and prepares and presents reports and other communications as required by management.· Maintain in-depth knowledge and expertise in benefits compliance, benefits administrative services and make recommendations to director regarding benefits administration processes. · Assists team with issues by interpreting benefit policies and procedures and manage escalated benefits issues from Associates. · Receives and researches claims appeals and recommends resolutions; provides backup and assistance for claims questions and resolutions · Assist director in development, implementation and administration of department processes to ensure robust quality controls that lead to a high degree of accuracy, efficiency, and compliance. · Collaborate with other department managers to facilitate interdepartmental communication and procedures and ensure that company objectives and client expectations are met. · Review in collaboration with Legal Counsel service provider contracts ensuring all terms are met and in compliance with the contract agreement. · Train and manage department Associates to ensure that department actions comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation. · Expedites delivery of services by building and maintaining working relationships with benefit providers. · Oversee performance management of Associates as well as time & attendance and other time off requests. · Analyzes and monitors costs and trends and delivers reports for management that will reflect such studies on a monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc basis. · Participate in the development and implementation of new and/or revised plans/programs. · Oversees on-going and annual enrollment for health and welfare plans. · Works with vendors, actuaries and consultants regarding the administrative processes of each plan. · Develops and maintains reports to be used for annual valuation, semi-annual and annual plan testing, and annual reporting. · Assists with and/or supervises special projects such as vendor evaluations, cost studies, research, evaluation of plan design, communications, etc. · Develops communications materials for all plans/programs. · Assists with development of and maintains Benefits training materials · Facilitates training/ assistance to Benefits Team. · Provides support and assistance with merger and acquisition activities, including benefits analysis and post-merger integration. · Develops and maintains administrative procedures relative to the functions of this position · Demonstrates integrity, ethics, accountability, responsibility, initiative and teamwork at all times. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey complex issues in lay terms.
- Strong presentation, negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient in microcomputer, word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- In depth knowledge of employee benefit plan designs and operations.
- In depth knowledge of governmental regulations relating to employee benefit plans, particularly FMLA, ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA and the Internal Revenue Code.
- Strong, proven supervisory skills working in a team environment.
- Accounting/financial knowledge with the ability to analyze, compare, and present complex financial and statistical data orally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems, database capabilities, and input/output capabilities.
- Five (5) years of related experience in a generalist/business partner role to include all facets of Human Resources to include the interpretation and application of a variety of HR disciplines, to include hands-on employee relations, policy interpretation, HR administration, performance management, relations and HRIS data organization, employee benefits administration, analysis, and reporting.
- Must have experience in various retirement plan designs and operation, COBRA procedures, multiple health and welfare plans and IRC Sec. 125 plan operation.
- CEBS or other Human Resource related certification strongly preferred.