Behavioral Health Therapist Full-Time
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
Share This Job On
Apply Now Behavioral Health Therapist Full-Time Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides psychiatric and chemical dependency (i.e., behavioral health) clinical services for all BHS programs and services, including intake and initial assessment services to all areas of the hospital, as requested, with primary focus on the Emergency Room and the Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit. Provides pre-admission screening and intake assessments for all BHS programs as required.. Provides crisis intervention services to all areas of the hospital, as indicated. Collaborates with other team members regarding provisional diagnoses, assessment, admission, care planning, treatment, and discharge and continuing care planning. Provides coordination and delivery of psychosocial services to individuals, groups, family members, and community groups. When assigned to the Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit, is responsible for conducting utilization reviews with outside providers, entering authorizations into the system and doing discharge planning.
EDUCATION: At a minimum, a Master's Degree required in a behavioral health or other relevant field of practice from an accredited school.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Licensed to practice independently and formulate diagnoses in the State of New Mexico as an LMFT, LPAT, LPCC, LISW, Psychologist, or an Advanced Practice Nurse. Completion of prevention and management of aggressive behavior course within 2 months. BLS within 6 months.
- Ability to work independently on own accord and initiative, yet as a team member
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced behavioral health assessment and referral skills
- Understanding of complex psychopathology and ability to deal with all types of patients with myriad behavioral health conditions
- Understanding of crisis intervention theory, case management, and referral process; knowledge of psychopathology and DSM-IV-TR diagnoses
- Ability to negotiate with community providers and third party insurers
- Strong clinical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and co-lead psychodynamic, psychoeducational, expressive, and supportive therapy sessions
- Understanding of recovery process
- Formulates treatment plans in conjunction with rest of treatment team
- Ability to assess clients in an emergency situation and in a variety of settings
- Flexibility with job assignments
- Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years clinical experience in a behavioral health or related setting, minimum of one year performing in a crisis assessment/intake capacity. Recent inpatient experience preferred.