Behavioral Health Social Worker FT/40HRS
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
490A West Zia Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Share This Job On
Apply Now Behavioral Health Social Worker FT/40HRS Job in Santa Fe
Provides behavioral health assessment, care management and interventions for patients within an integrated primary care setting. Administers validated rating scales to patients and tracks patient's progress toward treatment goals. Works collaboratively with the PCP and Psychiatric Consultant to ensure patients reach targeted treatment goals. Revises treatment plan when patient is not progressing. Provides brief psychosocial interventions when appropriate. Maintains registry of patient progress.
EDUCATION: At a minimum, a Master's Degree in Social Work is required
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Licensed to practice independently and formulate diagnoses in the State of New Mexico as a LISW. Completion of prevention and management of aggressive behavior course within 2 months. BLS within 6 months.
- Ability to work independently on own accord and initiative, yet as a team member
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced behavioral health assessment and referral skills
- Understanding of complex psychopathology and ability to deal with all types of patients with myriad behavioral health conditions
- Understanding of crisis intervention theory, case management, and referral process; knowledge of psychopathology and ICD-10 diagnoses
- Ability to negotiate with community providers and third party insurers
- Strong clinical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and co-lead cognitive behavioral, psychoeducational, DBT and supportive therapy sessions
- Understanding of recovery process
- Formulates treatment plans in conjunction with rest of treatment team
- Ability to assess clients in an emergency situation and initiate transfer to higher level of care when needed.
- Flexibility with job assignments
- Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years clinical experience in a behavioral health or related setting. Experience working in a primary care setting is preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION: -
Responsible to: Director or designee, BHS
- Bloodborne pathogen B
Multiple simultaneous activities around patient care. Exposure to infectious diseases and intermittent exposure possible to blood, excrements, odors and noise. Work area has normal heat, light, and air.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Emotional and physical ability to cope with stress and physical nature of inpatient work with behavioral health patients; possibility of emergency lifting and need for physical interventions. Must be able to handle emergency/crisis situations, prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking. Has knowledge of and uses good body mechanics. Frequently lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients or equipment. Ability to work in crisis and potentially hazardous situation(s). Hearing and visual acuity within normal limits. Manual dexterity and fine motor coordination required. Is scheduled to be on-call, and expected to work on short notice and on an emergency basis.