Behavioral Health Emergency Services Tech/ Full-Time
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
Share This Job On
Apply Now Behavioral Health Emergency Services Tech/ Full-Time Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: Behavioral Health Emergency Services Tech is responsible for monitoring patients, collects information and documents data. Inserts and removes peripheral intravenous therapy lines under the direction of the physician/nurse. Performs blood collection. Performs wound care and dressing changes. Applies plaster and fiberglass splints, casts and traction devices. Performs bedside testing such as oximetry, glucometery, and other point of care tests. Operates patient monitoring systems specific to unit. Insures cleanliness of unit, cleans and stores equipment and empties sharps containers. Documents all interventions and data, communicates with the primary nurse on findings and interventions.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent plus trade or vocational school in an accredited EMT Basic, Intermediate, or Paramedic program, Medical Assistant certification or Advanced Certified Nursing Assistant Certification.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Current BLS issued through American Heart Association is required. Must poses any of the following: Emergency Medical Technician certification (Basic, Intermediate or Paramedic) or current Medical Assistant certification or current Nursing Assistant certification; certification must be maintained. CPI certification must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
- Knowledge of rescue practices, principles, methods, and practices; local codes related to emergencies; state statutes, city ordinances and standard office practices and procedures
- Must have critical thinking skills and the ability to prioritize quickly
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of emergency medical and behavioral response; principles of emergency medical service provision, first aid and life support
- Ability to operate and maintain emergency medical apparatus and equipment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret technical reports, charts, etc.
- Ability to write concise reports.
- Ability to handle a high level of stress and to maintain composure under a variety of adverse conditions.
- Computer skills required to enter data and generate reports.
EXPERIENCE: No experience required. Background in behavioral health preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Reports directly to BH Director/BH Clinical Manager or designee for essential job duties and day-to-day responsibilities.
- Bloodborne pathogen - B
Works irregular hours, on-call shifts may be required. Multiple simultaneous activities around patient care. Exposure to infectious diseases and x-rays. Subject to varying unpredictable situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to handle emergency/urgent situations, prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking. Has knowledge of and uses good body mechanics. Frequently lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients or equipment. Hearing and visual acuity must be within normal limits. Manual dexterity and fine motor coordination required.