Behavioral Health Clinical Navigator Per Diem
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
Share This Job On
Apply Now Behavioral Health Clinical Navigator Per Diem Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: The goal of the Behavioral Health (BH) Clinical Navigator for the Outpatient Behavioral Health Clinic (OPBHC) is to provide supportive therapeutic services for BH clients referred from CSV Emergency Psychiatric Services (EPS), the Christus network of care, and the community at large. To do this, BH Clinical Navigators will create a referral model to manage the flow of referrals to the OPBHC. Additionally, program development will be undertaken by the BH Clinical Navigators, in conjunction with the Clinical Supervisor, to develop supportive therapeutic programming at the OPBHC that addresses both BH and substance abuse needs of clients. Each BH referral will be assessed for indicated therapeutic interventions at the clinic with follow up navigation to appropriate completion of patient care services within the community. OPBHC BH navigators will provide clinical case management, weekly group therapy, individual therapy, link patients with resources and services in the wider community, or refer to existing service providers to limit duplicating services. BH Clinical Navigators will provide clinical case management as needed, and will train and supervise Masters Level Counseling or Social Work interns at the OPBHC and the EPS Assessment Room. Intensive care management will improve outcomes as well as decrease recidivism to the CSV Emergency Department.
EDUCATION: Master's Level Counselor (LPCC) or Social Worker (LMSW)
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: LMHC, LPCC, LMSW, LCSW (LMHC, LMSW to attain full New Mexico Licensure within 6 months of hire). Current Basic Life Support issued through American Heart Association required. Current CPI certification required.
- Understanding BH issues and barriers to care
- Strong program development, collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple departments, as well as community agencies, to reach collaborative goals
- Knowledge working with diverse populations struggling with substance abuse and behavioral health issues
- Clinical case management with high acuity populations
- Supervision of Peer Support Workers, Masters level LMSW, LMHC seeking licensure
- Strong assessment skills of BH population
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task under stressful environment
- Ability to develop and facilitate therapeutic groups
- Strong BH program development skills
- Ability to deliver individual therapy to clients as needed
- Ability to collaborate with staff within the OPBHC to coordinate patient care as needed
EXPERIENCE: Two years' experience working with behavioral health and substance abuse issues. Prior experience working within a hospital/clinic environment preferred
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Clinical Manager, Emergency Psychiatric Services
-Bloodborne pathogen: - B
Multiple settings and variable unpredictable situations including inpatient, and primary care settings. May work in traditional clinic office setting and/or ED/inpatient setting. BH Clinical Navigators are based at the OPBH Clinic, part time in the Emergency Department/medical units and, when needed, mobile to meet patients in the community. Works irregular hours. Multiple simultaneous activities around patient care. Exposure to infectious diseases. Subject to varying unpredictable situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to handle emergency/crisis situations, prolonged, extensive or considerable standing. Has knowledge of and uses good body mechanics. Hearing and visual acuity must be within normal limits. Manual dexterity and fine motor coordination required. Ability to move around settings of care. Requires close work, good vision, dexterity to write as well as to use computer keyboard.