Associate Chief Nursing Officer - Nursing Administration
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
Share This Job On
Apply Now Associate Chief Nursing Officer - Nursing Administration Job in Corpus Christi
This position provides nursing leadership and oversight for facilities, projects and processes within hospital nursing services. The Assistant Chief Nursing Officer is responsible for promoting the CHRISTUS Health mission, core values and vision, and for operational effectiveness and quality of nursing care and services. Builds collaborative nurse-physician relationships to provide safe, effective, and efficient patient care while ensuring nurses feel empowered to serve as patient representatives/advocates. In addition, the In alignment with regional nursing leadership, provides nursing personnel with leadership, decision-making, and direction in patient care services and defined areas. In alignment with the region, responsible for assessing the environment, forecasting trends, transmitting values, communicating ideas, developing and implementing policies, managing, and initiating systems and programs that promote excellence in service and safety for patient care delivery and that create an excellent place to work.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Master's Degree of Science, Nursing degree is required
- Must have strong understanding of and demonstrate skill in leadership, strategic management, professional development, change management, communications, team building, continuous quality improvement, problem solving, decision making, innovation, financial management of operations, and stewardship of resources.
- Skill in establishing a balanced perspective on mission effectiveness and business results is critical.
- Minimum of five (5) years management experience in a healthcare setting required.
- Must have experience appropriate for facility/region’s scope and complexity, position’s authority and responsibility, and the scope and complexity of the nursing care needs of the major patient population(s) served.
- RN License in state of employment or compact