Apply Now Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) Job in Houston
The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) is responsible for directing and coordinating the operations of the nursing department related to quality and efficiency of patient care; visits all nursing units daily to evaluate nursing care; advise and assist charge nurses with nursing and managerial problems/issues, demonstrate professional accountability for competency and growth.
· BSN required; MSN preferred
· Communication skills – both verbal and written
· Ability to understand medical records, physician orders and nursing care plans
· Demonstrated experience in running a Nursing department/area
· Ability to communicate effectively with Sisters, Congregational Leadership, staff and other health care professionals.
· Understanding of Catholic Health Care Directives preferred
· Ability to communicate in the Spanish language both verbal and written preferred.
· Minimum of two years previous nursing management experience preferred
· Knowledge of drugs and treatment modalities used in geriatric practice.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
· Current RN permits or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners in the State of Texas to practice nursing.
· Current certification in gerontological nursing.