Armed Security Officer - Security
CHRISTUS System Office
2827 Babcock Road
San Antonio, TX 78229
Share This Job On
Apply Now Armed Security Officer - Security Job in San Antonio
Uniformed position, Armed Security Officer's duties include being a visible deterrent to criminal activity, providing security for patients, Associates and visitors, protecting and patrolling hospital buildings, assets and premises as assigned. The Armed Security Officer is responsible for responding to all emergency codes, internal/external disaster events as needed and/or requested, conducting preliminary investigations of reported incidents, and performing other security related tasks as directed by a security supervisor/and or Manager
- High school diploma or its equivalent required.
- Must have the ability to interact appropriately with all staff, patients and visitors, especially under difficult circumstances.
- Must be mentally alert at all times
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to make immediate decisions with regard to laws, policies and procedures.
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain a motor vehicle license
- Demonstrated competence with hand gun, hand cuffs, baton, non-crisis intervention certification and two-way radios.
- Frequent exposure to aggressive behavior and emotionally charged
- Occasional exposure to hazardous conditions such as fires, chemical spills, and flooding.
- Frequent exposure to heat and cold from external weather conditions.
- Long periods of walking, standing, stooping, and lifting.
- Must be physically fit and able to walk all areas of the facilities and grounds, to restrain those who need restraint and be able to assist nursing staff with lifting patients of all sizes.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Must be able to handle personal stress and possible violence
- CHRISTUS Approved uniforms must be worn in accordance with dress code requirements.
- Minimum two (2) years of armed security experience (may substituted by Honorable Military Service).
- Law enforcement experience preferred.
- Previous healthcare security experience preferred.
- Level 3 Certification (Texas) and/or valid Armed Security License (Louisiana) required.
- For positions in the state of Texas, an active level three security officer commission with the Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Bureau (TDPSPSB) is required.
- Requires and active level three security officer commission with the New Mexico Private Investigations Advisory Board.
- Requires an active Louisiana Armed Security License in Louisiana.
- New hires in Texas who have completed the security commission course with (TDPSPSB) must be eligible to process and obtain their security commission within 90 days of employment date and may not wear their weapon on duty until 1) the officer's commission card is active 2) the officer's commission card is in the possession of the security officer 3) the CHRISTUS Vice President of Security has issued a letter of authorization to carry a weapon on duty to the officer.
- New hires in New Mexico who have completed the New Mexico Private Investigations Advisory Board level three training requirements must be eligible to process and obtain their security commission within 90 days of employment date and may not wear their weapon on duty until 1) the officer's commission card is active 2) the officer's commission card is in the possession of the security officer 3) the CHRISTUS Vice President of Security has issued a letter of authorization to carry a weapon on duty to the officer.
- New hires in Louisiana who have an active Louisiana Security License may not wear their weapon on duty until the CHRISTUS Vice President of Security has issued a letter of authorization to carry a weapon on duty to the officer.
- Verbal De-escalation training must be completed within 60 days of hire.
- Expandable Baton training, defensive tactics training, firearms training, weapon qualification, and firearms retention training must be completed prior to letter of authorization to carry is issued.
- IAHSS Basic Security Certification must be completed within one year of full time employment.
- Successful completion of all pre-employment and post offer assessments to include the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory -2 (MMPI-2-RF-PCIR); the California Psychological Inventory (CPI); the Police and Public Safety Selection Report (PPSSR); the Personal Experience Inventory (PEI) and a clinical interview by a third personal psychologist.
- Will be required to take random drug test screening.
- Valid Drivers' license
- The following FEMA Emergency Management Institute Courses must be completed (online or in seat):
- IS -- 100.c
- IS -- 200.b
- IS -- 230.d
- IS -- 700.b
- IS -- 200.HCA
- IS -- 907