Apply Now Armed Security Officer (Canton) Job in Canton
Uniformed position, Armed Security Officer’s duties include being a visible deterrent to criminal activity, providing security for patients, Associates and visitors, protecting and patrolling hospital buildings, assets and premises as assigned. The Armed Security Officer is responsible for responding to all emergency codes, internal/external disaster events as needed and/or requested, conducting preliminary investigations of reported incidents, and performing other security related tasks as directed by a security. Must have the ability to interact appropriately with all staff, patients and visitors, especially under difficult circumstances.
- High school diploma or its equivalent required.
- Must be mentally alert at all times
- Must possess a motor vehicle license
- Minimum two (2) years of armed security experience (may substituted by Honorable Military Service).
- Law enforcement experience preferred.
- Previous healthcare security experience preferred
- Level 3 Certification (Texas).
- For positions in the state of Texas, an active level three security officer commission with the Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Bureau (TDPSPSB) is required.
- New hires in Texas who have completed the security commission course(TDPSPSB) must obtain their security commission prior to date of hire and; 1) the officer’s commission pocket card is active 2) the officer’s commission pocket card is in the possession of the security officer 3) the CHRISTUS Vice President of Security has issued a letter of authorization to carry a weapon on duty to the officer.