Application System Epic Analyst I - Grand Central
CHRISTUS System Office
Minimum Overnight Travel Up To 10 Percent
CHRISTUS Enterprise Resource Center
2401 South Broadway
Tyler, TX 75701
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Application System Epic Analyst I - Grand Central Job in Tyler
The Application System Analyst I serves as a liaison between system end-users (customers), operational leaders, additional support resources and vendors to design, build and optimize their assigned applications in a timely and high-quality manner. The Systems Analyst I will provide application support and optimization. They work closely with the Service Desk to assist in responding to service requests. The Application System Analyst I must be able to analyze business issues/requirements and workflows and apply their application knowledge to meet operational and organizational needs. Project implementation responsibilities include collaborating with customers contributing to the analysis, testing, and documentation and implementation of medium to high complexity activities of assigned software. This position must possess sufficient detailed healthcare knowledge and systems expertise to implement medium to high complexity assigned application with minimal guidance. The Associate must be a self-motivated individual with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in team environments.
- Analyze, develop, test, document, educate, implement, support, and maintain or optimize assigned applications, solutions and business processes to meet operational and technical requirements.
- Collaborates across project borders with other teams. Thinks outside the box and proposes practical solutions to issues. Communicates interdependencies with project leadership to proactively ensure quality and interoperability of design, configuration.
- Applies basic understanding of information technology, including systems, applications, operations, and support. Utilizes application training, application web site and application resource materials regularly and effectively.
- Cleary understands customer needs and expectations. Accurately documents business processes and workflows; communicates these with project team and stakeholders. Maintains a working level understanding of assigned department operations, processes, and environment.
- Provides clear and organized status reporting on key project areas to be used as external communications to stakeholders.
- Performs basic process and requirement analysis, including process mapping though current flow charts, documents, requirement elicitation, and specification gathering in support of root cause problem solving and negotiating creative solutions. In addition, using current and projected data, provides recommendations in assigned application. Responsible for completing basic gap analysis, and providing recommendations.
- Consistently follows up with end users. Able to ask the right questions to obtain understanding of end user issues and needs. Seeks information from others when end user issues appear to pose significant risks.
- Demonstrates decision making based on facts (vs assumptions); Routinely researches multiple avenues to identify viable options. Contributes to strategy discussions by identifying options with associated pros and cons with team members.
- Adhere to organization standards for system configuration and change control.
- Demonstrates core technical proficiency in application. Able to independently design and configure application. Has a basic understanding of and performs fact/data gathering and analysis with limited direction. Designs basic workflows. Begins to demonstrate mastery of at least one application.
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with end user communities, customers and business partners.
- Collaborate with Operational Leaders to focus on standardized best practice workflow processes and content to ensure alignment across all ministries, to create efficiencies, and to ensure optimal operational processes.
- Coordinates code changes with appropriate vendor related to financial and business application issues.
- Collaborates with Technical Team to identify and infrastructure related issues that have resulted in application issues.
- Share industry best practices from vendors with Operational Leaders.
- Demonstrates increasing technical knowledge of the assigned application including relationships of infrastructure and impact to user if unavailable.
- Serves as a liaison between business operations and providers, internal information technology, system users and vendors working within the defined project objectives for issue and problem resolution.
- Follows strict change management processes ensuring proper approval, testing, and validation of system changes.
- Written documentation requires minimal to no edits, has the confidence of the requestors and project team.
- Associate is able to recognize he/her skills, habits, work ethic, and behaviors and use them to manage his/her work. Associate is able to receive and process constructive feedback and affect adjustments to his/her skills, habits, work ethics or behaviors in a positive way.
- Proactively and independently troubleshoot and resolve minor incidents and requests.
- Completes task with attention to detail and high level of quality. Performs self-review process prior to completion. Design configuration require minimal additional QA by peer or lead analyst.
- Manages low to medium complexity projects/requests. Collaborates with team members as needed.
- Complete in a timely manner assigned courses within Healthstream, other electronic tracking tools for educational related material or attend presentations in person as assigned.
- Ensure the services that he/she provides contribute to the successful accomplishment of the primary mission of the department.
- Ensures vendors meet agreed upon SLAs and follow processes.
- May be required to travel to perform duties.
- May be required to work long hours during critical problems and on-call rotation.
- Identifies and seizes new opportunities, displays can-do attitude in good and bad times and steps up to handle tough issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred with a focus in healthcare, business, or information systems.
- Ability to present complex data in meaningful method, i.e., charts, graphs
- Ability to adjust to and implement change
- Problem Solving skills
- Multitasking skills
- Work as a team member
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality teamwork and education
- Strong organizational skills in managing multiple priorities
- 1+ Years of experience within healthcare, business, or information systems discipline
- Solves minor to moderate incidents with direction
- Develops new functionality for requests with direction
- Associated certifications on area of focus, preferred
- For Epic Analysts:
- Certified or proficient in assigned Epic module (must be obtained within 6 months of employment date)
- Certifications or Proficiencies must stay current by maintaining new version training