AP Specialist II- Procurement
CHRISTUS System Office
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now AP Specialist II- Procurement Job in Irving
This position processes and maintains all aspects of the accounts payable cycle from receipt of invoice/receipt of goods/purchase order through the full payment cycle for the Corporate Office. Must have the ability to multi-task. Requires frequent interactions with both vendors and CHRISTUS Health Associates.
- Process all invoices for CHRISTUS Health Shared Services facilities that include Christus Health Corporate Office, Christus Health Support Centers in Houston and San Antonio, TLRA, USFHP, Christus Health Employee Benefits Fund and Christus Health Insurance Fund and others.
- Ensure all invoices are paid by the required due dates with appropriate authorizations present.
- Ensure 3-way matching to PO and receipt when applicable. Work through exceptions.
- Validate mathematical accuracy of the document and review coding.
- Responsible for processing Travel account invoices and Utility bills to include obtaining appropriate approvals for payment.
- Process expedited and manual checks as requested and approved.
- Responsible for copying and distributing all intercompany information to appropriate field locations by assigned due date.
- Respond to customer and vendor questions, and requests in a timely manner. Calls should be returned within a 24-hour period. All issues should be resolved as soon as possible.
- Ensure process for stop paying, voiding and reissuing checks is followed.
- Ensure that W-9s are obtained for all vendors during the year
- Complete special projects as needed. Ensure all projects are completed by specified deadlines.
- Cross-train with other Accounts Payable Specialists. Ensure ability to fill in as needed or required.
- Knowledge of the Accounts Payable P2P process
- Thorough knowledge of full cycle accounts payable required
- High school diploma or equivalent (prefer some college)
- Thorough knowledge accounting principles
- Strong software skills ( MS Excel & Word)
- EDI Processing (a plus)
- ERP systems for Accounts Payable and AP document workflow experience required
- Good written and verbal skills required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and Team Player
- Accounts Payable Certification preferred (required within 6 months of successful employment)
- Minimum five years of experience in accounts payable
- Thorough understanding of debits, credits, & general ledger
- Thorough experience and knowledge of the annual 1099 process
- Excellent organizational skills for file maintenance -- both paper and electronic