Apply Now Anesthesia Tech Operating Room/Full-Time Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: This position provides support for anesthesiologists in Surgical Services cleaning, assembling, and restocking anesthesia equipment, and by troubleshooting equipment problems during cases. The Tech documents work performed and assembles standardized equipment. The Tech serves as a liaison between Surgical Services, Biomed and Facility Services.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma required. Associate's degree preferred. Courses in medical terminology and basic physiology preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: BLS issued through American Heart Association required.
- Knowledge of anesthesiology equipment care, operation, and maintenance
- Knowledge of standards for patient care and safe practice in the anesthetic environment
- Effective interpersonal skills, attention to detail, ability to gain technical knowledge of equipment
- Knowledge of medical terminology and equipment
- Basic computer skills and ability to problem solve and prioritize
- Ability to perform minor technical repairs
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to function well in stressful situations
- Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English
EXPERIENCE: One year of direct patient contact experience as an Emergency Medical Technician, Licensed Practical Nurse or related clinical experience.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Director/Manager of Surgical Services
- Bloodborne pathogens - C
Employee will be instructed in Universal Precautions and Right to Know. Employee will be expected to utilize all protective equipment available whenever there is a potential for exposure to infectious materials or hazardous chemicals. Cleaning, repair and replacement of this protective equipment will be furnished by the hospital. Utilizes available tools to prevent worker injuries.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires full range of body motion including lifting and handling patients and equipment. Requires heavy (at least 50 lbs.) physical effort to position, push and/or transfer patients or equipment and supplies. Considerable physical effort lifting and pushing carts, boxes and equipment. Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching. Possible chemical exposures.