Analytics Data Architect Job in Irving
The Analytics Data Architect is responsible for technical architecture of data platforms, solutions and applications to integrate, store, process and analyze wide variety of data sets from CHRISTUS' Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform Infor and related applications to support the delivery of descriptive reporting and advanced analytics. The Architect is also responsible for the design, development, testing, and deployment of the proposed solution. This includes an understanding of methodology, design, specifications, programming, delivery, monitoring, and support standards.
Individual must have extensive knowledge of designing, developing, and optimizing data structures and pipelines for the delivery of analytics via OLAP SQL/No SQL databases, Distributed File Systems, and Cloud computing platforms. Enhancement of OLTP source structures to support optimized OLAP analytics. Experience with Birst application administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning is highly preferred.
The Analytics Data Architect Architect is also responsible for supporting the business goals and objectives for Operational Analytics, the Finance Organization, and CHRISTUS as a whole.
- Design & Development- Provides technical development expertise for designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with the established specifications and business requirements in order to deliver business value.
- Strategy Execution -- Contributes to the execution of CHRISTUS' overall Finance and Operations systems strategy as it pertains to their vision of the organization in both strategic and tactical plans. Involved in team adoption, execution and integration of strategy to achieve optimal and efficient delivery.
- System Engineering -- Involved in the evaluation of proposed system acquisitions or solutions development and provides input to the decision-making process relative to compatibility, cost, resource requirements, operations, and maintenance.
- System Integration -- Integrates software components, subsystems, facilities and services into the existing technical systems environment; assesses impact on other systems, and works with cross-functional teams within Finance/Analytics to ensure positive project impact. Installs, configures, and verifies the operation of software components.
- System Management -- Participates in development of standards, design and implementation of proactive processes to collect and report data and statistics on assigned systems.
- System Security -- Participates in the research, design, development, and implementation of application, database, and interface security using technologies such as SSL, Public-Key encryption, and Certificates or other emerging security technologies
- Proficiency in best practices for optimizing data structures and analytical platform architectures within OLTP and OLAP platforms.
- Expertise in schema design, developing data models and proven ability to work with complex data is required.
- Strong SQL experience with the ability to develop, tune and debug complex SQL applications (SQL Server preferred, Oracle, Teradata, or Snowflake)
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, or MongoDB.
- Knowledge of Python or R preferred.
- Proficiency with Big Data querying tools preferred (Hive, Impala)
- Strong scripting / programming background
- Experience in creating the capability roadmaps for data platforms.
- Experience in review of schemas, data models, and data architecture diagrams
- Solid understanding of BI and analytics landscape, preferable in large-scale development environments (Birst preferred)
- Must have the communication skills and ability to develop and present solutions to all levels of management (including executive levels).
- Must have demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems with minimal direction.
- Must be able to interact effectively and patiently with customers especially while under pressure.
- The ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously to meet project deadlines for self and others as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field OR 10 years of equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of experience with design, architecture and development of enterprise scale data platforms.
- Minimum of Six (6) years of experience as an Enterprise Solutions Architect.
- Minimum of Six (6) years of experience developing analytics solutions with large data sets within an OLAP and MPP architecture.
- Experience with datasets within an ERP platform (Oracle, Workday, SAP, Infor, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience optimizing data models for reporting within BI applications (Tableau, MicroStrategy, Power BI, Cognos).
- Experience with BIRST strongly preferred.
- Two (2) years Healthcare experience preferred.
- Certifications on SQL platforms, ERP Platforms, BI Platforms, AWS, Hadoop, Java, SAS or Agile Scrum are a plus.