Ambulatory Program Manager of Health Information Management (HIM)
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Woodgate IV Bldg
1101 East SE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Ambulatory Program Manager of Health Information Management (HIM) Job in Tyler
The Ambulatory Program Manager of Health Information Management (HIM) provides, support, direction, and focus for functions related to HIM operations in an ambulatory clinic setting. This position oversees the general HIM operations in the clinic setting to include, content of legal record, record completion, release of information, record destruction and retention. This position is responsible for the development of appropriate policies and procedures for all HIM operational functions. The Ambulatory HIM Program Manager supports adherence to CHRISTUS standards, directives, and applicable regulatory requirements including JCAH, Conditions of Participation, internal policies and procedures and HIPAA. This position also works to ensure that financial performance objectives are achieved that are related to revenue cycle initiatives. The Ambulatory HIM Program Manager is expected to maintain effective professional relationships with other clinic, department and hospital leadership as appropriate to instruct, share ideas, and implement actions related to HIM functions. This position also acts as a resource available for education, consultation, and implementation of enhanced processes related to HIM functions.
- Plans, organizes, and directs activities to ensure that areas within health information management are directionally aligned with CHRISTUS Health HIM operational standards including record content and completion, release of health information, and record retention and destruction.
- Works with clinic leadership to establish performance development plans and supports execution of plans.
- Works to identify areas for improvement and design processes that will improve outcomes in service, quality, and accuracy.
- Acts as HIM subject matter expert (SME) to facilitate design and implementation of software systems, optimization, and maintenance.
- May serve as custodian of medical records.
- Perform medical record audits for regulatory and accreditation compliance.
- Provides educational programs and in-service training on the topic of Health Information Management in a clinic setting to increase efficiency of operations.
- Responds to organizational and customers’ needs with innovative programs to ensure service excellence.
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and directives from regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor or Associate degree, medical record science or medical record administration preferred or equivalent hospital leadership experience required. \Must have extensive knowledge of health information management functions including compliance.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge in internal integrity requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of governmental, federal, state and local regulations related to compliance and privacy.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry financial statistical indicators.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must have strong knowledge of common office software applications including Power Point, Excel, Word, etc. ·Bachelor Degree in Health Information Management or Informatics plus a minimum of 3 years of experience in a medical record department (inpatient or ambulatory); OR
- Associate Degree in Health Information Management plus a minimum of 5 years of experience in a medical record department (inpatient or ambulatory). OR
- Previous project management experience preferred.
- RHIA or RHIT certification preferred or eligible for certification.