Ambulatory Infection Preventionist
CHRISTUS System Office
Quality and Risk Management
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Ambulatory Infection Preventionist Job in Irving
Assumes responsibility for and provides guidance to the ambulatory care infection prevention and control program.Serves as a resource on infection risk assessment, surveillance, prevention, and control strategies.Utilizes epidemiology principles to monitor the delivery of patient care and investigate potential outbreaks of infection.Maintains knowledge of external regulatory standards related to infection surveillance, prevention and control.Ensures successful notifiable condition reporting by ambulatory ministries.Ensures policies and procedures meet regulation standards.
- Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
- Conducts ambulatory site visits and performs and documents physical surveillance of the environment on a routine and as needed basis.
- Manages, provides oversight, and ensures successful, timely, and accurate reporting of notifiable conditions by ministries served
- Collaborates with Associate Health on activities related to exposure of patients and employees of communicable diseases.
- Effectively communicates with all pertinent stakeholders notification of changes; for education provision, partnership in initiatives to reduce or eliminate risk of infection for patients and Associates, i.e. administration, nursing, environmental services, plant ops, etc.
- Strategizes and assists with annual risk assessment, program, plans, annual goals, etc. to meet Facility, Regional, Corporate, and regulatory requirements.
- Represents the Facility, the Region, the Corporation, and the Infection Prevention and Control Department in facility specific committees and system committees and regulatory surveys through active participation, preparedness, and critical thinking.
- Demonstrates interest in field of infection control of epidemiology and OSHA standards.
- Must be familiar with identification of pathogens, antibiotic susceptibility testing, normal microbial flora of the human body and its distribution.
- Minimum of 3 years prior Infection Prevention experience. Experience in Ambulatory healthcare settings preferred.
- Current Texas LVN or RN (BSN Preferred) licensure or Baccalaureate in Health Care related program required.
- CIC certification preferred