Administrative Assistant Senior
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
800 East Dawson Street
Tyler, TX 75701
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Administrative Assistant Senior Job in Tyler
This position manages the daily operations of assigned department(s) including maintenance of supplies, equipment, environment, schedules, travel arrangements, and department representation in administrative meetings. The position also performs diverse secretarial, administrative support, and assistance to the department’s management team and staff members.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare and manage all budgets for the Department.
• Maintain Departmental supplies, equipment, and facilities.
• Prioritize and coordinate flow of work under direction of management in handling and/or directing all incoming and outgoing projects.
• Manage all logistical aspects of Department’s offices, including scheduling appointments, maintaining calendar, coordinating travel arrangements, and arranging meetings.
• Identify issues and concerns, and communicate them to management.
• Sort, read and annotate incoming mail; and gather and attach appropriate files to facilitate necessary action of management. Sort all departmental mail. Organize and maintain departmental mail / fax / printer room.
• Maintain current filing system management so that information is readily available upon request. Prepare time sheets, expense reports, etc. for management and review expense reports of direct reports for completeness.
• Serve as recording secretary when requested for management meetings with responsibility for meeting notices, agenda, transcription, and distribution of pertinent information
• Demonstrate strong communication and human relationship skills. Act as liaison for management with contacts internal and external to the CHRISTUS Health organization.
• Follow established policies, procedures and standards defined by the department and CHRISTUS Health.
• Prepare presentation materials; compose correspondence; prepare communication from written or oral directions and ideas, or dictation, organizes material submitted by others and gathers background and supporting materials for meetings, work projects and reports.
• Maintain and demonstrate good teamwork on assigned projects through actions and job performance.
• Provide effective Customer Service by being courteous, polite and friendly toward others at all times. Acknowledge customers immediately in order to determine need and help the customer resolve issues or requests. Participate in departmental programs that promote and deliver exceptional customer service.
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and perform repetitious tasks
- 45 wpm typing required
- Computer/basic keyboard skills, telephone skills, and general knowledge of office machines including printers, fax, copier, scanner, and credit card machines required
- Proficient in office automation applications such as Microsoft Office preferred
- Interpret and analyze data
- Ability to read, comprehend and retain information
- Perform mathematical calculations proficiently
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred
- One year experience in hospital systems or a comparable position preferred.