Administrative Assistant - Family Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic Hill Country Landa
774 Landa Street
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Share This Job On
Apply Now Administrative Assistant - Family Clinic Job in New Braunfels
Provides secretarial and administrative support to supervisor and other department/clinic staff.
- Monitors the current status of the work for the assigned supervisor.
- Anticipates supervisor’s needs by gathering records, reports, correspondence or other specific information.
- Handles confidential matters concerning organization’s policies and practices.
- Informs the supervisor of operational problems.Determines action necessary insupervisor’s absence and handles matters not requiring executive disposition.
- Maintains supervisor’s travel arrangements and appointment calendar.Arranges appointments, meetings and conferences.Contacts the appropriate persons to attend.
- Attends meetings or conferences as assigned and reports on major points, actions resolved or to be taken.Takes minutes as required.
- Handles variety of matters involving contact with various staff, board members, medical committees, government agencies, and the public.
- Composes correspondence and disseminates to appropriate individuals.
- Prepares various documents in accordance with organization’s rules and procedures.
- Assists in compiling financial, statistical data and reports as assigned.
- Files and accurately maintains records as assigned.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Health guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
- Maintains established CHRISTUS Health policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Health’s cultural diversity objectives.
- Supports and adheres to CHRISTUS Health Service Guarantee.
- Performs other related work as required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years of administrative office experience required with one year experience in a health care organization preferred.
- Education in business administration or secretarial practices may be substituted for one year of office experience.
- Typing ability of 60 wpm, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook with excellent communication and organizational skills. Must be able to perform multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.