CHRISTUS System Office
Quality and Risk Management
CHRISTUS Corp Health Plan 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Accreditation Specialist Job in Irving
The Clinical Integration and Accreditation Specialist handles a wide variety of situations and functions in the CHRISTUS Health Plan Quality Department including; interpreting accreditation standards and regulations, identifying evidence for accreditation, submitting evidence for accreditation, collaborating with all other Health Plan departments to collect required evidence as well as implement necessary change for the purpose of performance improvement as well as to maintain performance to meet the changing standards of accreditation depending on the accrediting agency.The Accreditation Specialist must be knowledgeable of health plan policies, procedures and organizational structure; must be able to set priorities with little guidance; must be able to juggle several assignments at once; must be scrupulously discreet; must work well with all levels of associates; must be able to make independent decisions, must be able to perform under stressful environments, demonstrating the CORE Values at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining regulatory, accreditation and HIPAA timelines and adhering to required data reporting schedules.
- Responsible for remaining knowledgeable about accreditation standards and leading the process of achieving accreditation or maintaining it through timely surveys, especially for NCQA, URAC and AAAHC accrediting agencies.
- Conducts periodic mock surveys to maintain preparedness.
- Organizes and maintains electronic filing systems and develops system for retrieving information and evidence that satisfies accreditation standards including policies, procedures, reports, and data.
- Collaborates with all Health Plan departments in a continuous process improvement required to maintain accreditation for the accrediting agency.
- Consult with leadership at all levels to develop basic competencies in providing regulatory, accreditation, HIPAA and clinical integration reports.
- Assist with developing and meeting annual goals and objectives for the department, building strategic relationships within and across departments.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned responsibilities in a manner that meets the population-specific and developmental needs of the members served by the department.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Process improvement skills, such as Lean, are a plus
- Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment, and/or service methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each member served.
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and standards as promulgated by state and federal agencies, the health plan and other regulatory entities.
- Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of CHRISTUS Health.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working with accreditation (JCAHO, NCQA, URAC, AAAHC).
- Requires organizational skills with attention to detail and initiative in performance improvement opportunities.
- Requires expert level skills in Excel, Microsoft Word, and Power Point and electronic calendars.
- Requires advanced skills in graphing, and trending of data.
- Requires knowledge of information systems and report writing.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.Requires ability to communicate with medical and administrative personnel.
- Requires knowledge of and ability to meet accreditation agency standards.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.