Accounting Manager - Fixed Assets
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Accounting Manager - Fixed Assets Job in Irving
Under the direction of the Director of Corporate Accounting this position is responsible for accurate and timely preparation and review of Fixed Assets entries and reconciliations statements as assigned. This position is heavily involved in monthly/quarterly close processes, year-end audit preparation, and leads assigned projects. As a member of the Corporate Accounting team, this role is expected to lead efforts in improving processes for preparation of fixed asset entries and reconciliations and related reports/schedules, ensuring reporting accuracy and building relationships in the organization that achieve these goals.
This position reports directly to the Director of Corporate Accounting, with responsibility for multiple accounting entities in which direct supervision of daily work activities of accounting staff is required. The individual has responsibility for the assignment of work and review of work of designated staff for a specific financial reporting area. An expectation is to function at a high level of Accounting knowledge coupled with ability to direct others and give feedback on a daily basis as to work product. The position requires demonstrated ability to plan projects, develop and adhere to timelines, multi-task on various work flows, develop work processes meeting internal control guidelines, interpret Accounting guidance to direct work of others, and maintain skills and work at the Accounting Manager level to produce accurate and timely financial reports.
Provide guidance to other team members regarding complex accounting and reporting transactions. Perform independent research to guarantee the proper treatment of financial transactions and ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Oversee and plan work of Accounting Staff by making assignments and reviewing daily work schedules to accomplish monthly reporting goals with accuracy and adherence to established deadlines.
- Research financial/accounting issues and propose the necessary change to Management that maintains the integrity of financial information.
- Prepare year end audit reporting for external auditors. Identify and research audit issues and questions.
- Support Senior Management, Regional and Corporate Associates with data requests and analyses.
- Coordinate special projects assigned by the Director of Corporate Accounting.
- Build and maintain relationships that motivate, guide and encourage others to achieve goal of continuous quality improvement in the processes and systems used for financial statement preparation and related reporting.
- Drive improvements to by identifying opportunities for improvement and leading new initiatives to capitalize on opportunities.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting
- Seven (7) or more years of advanced experience in senior level or above accountant role with diverse accounting experience.
- Experience in the healthcare industry strongly preferred
- Ability to analyze complex accounting and financial issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products required
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP and other applicable regulatory rules, regulations & legislation as related to accounting functions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Deadline-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated leadership in teamwork, special projects, and complex assignments
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work independently on special projects and complex assignments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of personnel in a large organization
- Knowledge of Meditech preferred
- CPA preferred