Accounting Manager Job in Houston
Villa de Matel Center
Please note that this position is with the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word at Villa de Matel Center located in Houston, Texas. The Villa de Matel Center is the home for the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word. It is also used as a central gathering place for the Sisters and their ministries, a retirement center for the Sisters and a retreat center for the public. You can learn more about the Sisters and all of their ministries at their website, www.sistersofcharity.org.
Please note that this position is an onsite position and not a work from home position.
The Accounting Manager oversees and manages the accounting functions within the Congregation’s Finance Office, including financial statements, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, and taxes. The Accounting Manager examines and analyzes a variety of financial statements and reports for completeness, accuracy, and compliance. A comprehensive knowledge of accounting concepts, practices and procedures is required. The Accounting Manager collaborates with Sisters and staff to implement Finance Office objectives, while constantly working toward improving processes and procedures. It is of the utmost importance that he/she keeps all information in a strictly confidential manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance/Accounting required.
- Master’s degree in Business/Accounting preferred.
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish) with ability to read and write Spanish.
- Knowledge of advanced accounting principles and practices.
- Must have strong prioritization skills and feel comfortable taking the initiative to deliver results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of an organization.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience with other financial systems.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of tax filings for non-profit organizations is highly desirable.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.