5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
4503 Broadway Street
San Antonio, TX 78209
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Accounting Assistant Job in San Antonio
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Accounting Assistant assumes daily responsibility and accountability for efficient management of a various accounting clerical tasks functions related to the maintenance/processing of payable account records, invoices, etc. and general office procedures. Prepares processes and verifies financial transactions and reconciles balances. Maintains vendor accounts by posting payments and tracking balances. Computes, classifies, records and accesses numerical data. Coordinates documentation according to Company policies and procedures and maintain accounting records. Provide customer service to internal and external customers.
- Facilitates the process of receiving invoices and other financially relevant documents; reconciles invoices and prepare them for payment.
- Coordinates documentation with appropriate departments/managers for verification/approval.
- Processes invoices for Operations, Patrimony Fund, and Travel Fund.
- Input relevant data into accounting system (CYMA).
- Review invoices and statements to ensure that the information appearing on them is accurate and complete.
- Calculates payments, discounts, depletions and other financial data.
- Processes checks: submits online information, posts payment into accounting system.
- Prints, categorizes and files documents in appropriate location.
- Research account balances, and discrepancies and contacts vendors for resolution.
- Request W-9’s from vendors and performs vendor maintenance periodically.
- Recording and filing of receivables into congregational funds’ system.
- Generates and distribute monthly invoices, due to the congregation, related to credit cards, AT&T usage, and other in-house accounting services.
- Prepares the monthly credit card expense report and journal entry.
- Abilities to multitask, with high degrees of accuracy and timeliness.
- Instructs others about processes and procedures for submitting check requests and receiving reimbursements or documentation.
- Answers questions from internal and external customers: may include answering the telephone, accessing computerized information, and/or coordinating with other department to obtain answers.
- Backup for Staff Accountant.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience in a related job and working in an office environment
- Discretion and trustworthiness due to frequent contact with confidential material
- Good communication skills
- General understanding of accounting practices and principles