Accountant Senior Job in Irving
Responsible for general ledger stewardship and month-end close of Fixed Assets for one or more CHRISTUS ministries. Reconciles Fixed Assets related balance sheet accounts. Researches, investigates and reports issues and corrections related to Fixed Assets transactions. Responsible for the input of assets into the Fixed Assets module, assigning proper life, and ensuring appropriate approvals are in place. Responsible for ministry Fixed Assets inventories and recording of Disposals, Sales and Retirements as needed, properly recording transactions in the general Ledger. Preparation of monthly Capital Workbook. Provides ad-hoc analysis as requested. Builds relationships with ministry teams by resolving any questions, researching transactions, and communicating regularly and timely. Collaborates with other corporate accounting teams, AP, Cash, and Supply Chain on projects and other deliverables.
- Reconcile all assigned Fixed Assets balance sheet accounts
- Work with regions on any questions regarding capital purchases
- Prepares monthly PPE roll forward schedules
- Completes General ledger to Fixed Assets subledger reconciliation monthly
- Works with other teams to standardize corporate accounting procedures
- Bachelors degree with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Above average computer literacy, e.g. EXCEL, WORD
- Knowledge of GAAP and other applicable regulatory rules, regulations and requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with demonstrated teamwork skills, vendor management skills
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Experience required in a deadline-oriented, multi-task environment
- Experience with Meditech general ledger systems preferred, but not required
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management and other Associates
- CPA preferred