Apply Now Accountant Lead Job in Irving
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager this position is responsible for accurate and timely preparation and review of fixed assets capital spend. This position is heavily involved in monthly/quarterly close processes, year end audit preparation, budget preparation, tax schedule preparation, and leads assigned projects. As a member of the Fixed Assets team, this role is expected to lead efforts in improving processes for preparation of asset registers and related reports/schedules, ensuring reporting accuracy and building relationships in the organization that achieve these goals.
This position reports directly to the Accounting Manager, with responsibility for accounting for capital spend for multiple regions in which direct supervision of daily work activities of a staff or senior accountant and/or accounting assistants is required. The individual has responsibility for the assignment of work and review of work of designated staff for a specific financial reporting area. The position is at the Corporate Support Level in the Accounting department with specifically assigned system duties when required.
An expectation is to function at a high level of Accounting knowledge coupled with ability to direct others and give feedback on a daily basis as to work product. Overall performance evaluation is not the direct responsibility of this position; however, the expectation is for specific and documented feedback on the work of Associates assigned to the Financial Accountant-Lead to be incorporated into performance evaluations of those Associates. The position requires demonstrated ability to plan projects, develop and adhere to timelines, multi-task on various work flows, develop work processes meeting internal control guidelines, interpret Accounting guidance to direct work of others, and maintain skills and work to produce accurate and timely financial reports.
- Provide guidance to other team members regarding complex accounting and reporting transactions. Perform independent research to guarantee the proper treatment of financial transactions and ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Drive improvements by identifying opportunities for improvement and leading new initiatives to capitalize on opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships that motivate, guide and encourage others to achieve goal of continuous quality improvement in the processes and systems used for financial statement preparation and related reporting.
- Prepare monthly reporting, ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and System policies and procedures while ensuring the integrity and accuracy of information.
- Analyze and review assigned monthly financial statements identifying suspect transactions and articulating finding to the Accounting Manager.
- Research financial/accounting issues and propose the necessary change to Management that maintains the integrity of financial information.
- Prepare year end audit reporting for external auditors. Identify and research audit issues and questions.
- Support Senior Management, Regional and Corporate Associates with data requests and analyses.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting
- Ability to analyze complex accounting and financial issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products required
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP and other applicable regulatory rules, regulations & legislation as related to accounting functions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Deadline-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated leadership in teamwork, special projects, and complex assignments
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work independently on special projects and complex assignments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of personnel in a large organization
- Knowledge of Meditech preferred
- Seven or more years of advanced experience in senior level or above accountant role with diverse accounting experience.
- Experience in the healthcare industry strongly preferred
- CPA preferred