CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Health Corp Services-68700
919 Hidden Ridge Dr.
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Accountant II Job in Irving
Responsible for general ledger entries and month-end close related to the CHRISTUS Health Foundations. Set-up new accounts within QuickBooks to track both revenues and expenses related to various fund raising events throughout the year. Build relationships with foundation personnel, communicating regularly and timely. Reconcile balance sheet accounts. Research and investigate and report issues and corrections related to general ledger transactions. Help prepare Board Reports. Provides ad-hoc analysis as requested. Collaborates with other corporate accounting teams as needed. Transfer data from QB into ERP using Excel add-on.
- Ensure data integrity, consistency and accuracy through proper application of accounting principles. Prepare and post eliminating entries as required on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Assist Senior Accountants with journal entries, reconciliations, analysis and special projects as needed including bank reconciliations and tax package schedules.
- Responsible for monthly balance sheet reconciliations for assigned CHRISTUS Health general ledgers and additional monthly balance sheet accounts for other general ledgers as assigned.
- Ensure that all due dates are met for all reconciliations.
- Complete special projects and analyses as requested by Accounting Manager and/or Lead / Senior Accountants.
- Other support during month-end close and other critical periods as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2-4 years working experience required
- Foundation accounting experience strongly preferred
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Suite of Applications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- QuickBooks experience very helpful
- CPA preferred